Press release: MSI(tm) introduces The MS-6367, MSI's first mainboard based on the nVIDIA®'s latest nForce chipset
Date : 2001-06-06
Eindhoven, June 5, 2001 MSI announces its first mainboard based on nVIDIA®'s latest nForce Platform Processing Architecture, the MS-6367 mainboard. The MS-6367 supports the AMD® Socket A Athlon* and Duron* processors. The nForce Platform Processing Architecture is a revolutionary new system integrating the nForce Integrated Graphics Processor (IGP) and the nForce Media and Communications Processor (MCP) for considerably high performance.
The MS-6367 has a total of three DIMM slots that support up to 1.5GB
DDR SDRAM memory. With a 128-bit Twin Bank Memory Architecture, the
bandwidth accommodates 4.2 GB/s making it twice as fast as the regular DDR platform. In addition to that, the MS-6367 is reinforced by the AMD® Hyper Transfer Technology* integrated onto both the nForce IGP and the nForce MCP, delivering the highest continuous throughput of 800 MB/s between the two platforms, substantially improving overall system level performance.
The MS-6367 mainboard is equipped with nVIDIA®'s GeForce 2 GPU integrated in the nForce IGP for amazing graphics as well as nVIDIA®'s APU (Audio Processing Unit) integrated in the nForce MCP generating excellent high quality sound. In terms of expansion slots, the MS-6367's 3 PCI /1 AGP /1 CNR design and Ethernet connectivity offers ample flexibility to most users.
In addition to its excellent performance, new technologies and stability, the MS-6367 also offers the following features:
- Supports Ultra ATA 100 Specification. The Ultra ATA100 interface provides an excellent and faster connection for IDE devices.
- Live BIOS(tm) A useful software tool from MSI, Live BIOS(tm) compares the current BIOS version automatically with the latest version available on the web; Links to the site to download the latest version of BIOS and updates it.
- Integrated nVIDIA® Audio The nForce MCP with integrated nVIDIA Audio Processing Unit provides high quality sound and saves the cost of an additional audio card.
- PC Alert(tm) III This useful software detects the system temperature, the status of the voltage, fans and all other key parts and components onboard. If any problem occurs, it will alert the user to correct the problem, reducing the risk of system damage.
- STR (Suspend to RAM) With STR function, the system configuration data is saved onto the system memory when set to the suspend mode. The system memory is sustained with minimum electrical power to avoid data loss. When the system is reset to full operational mode, the original configuration status is restored in just a few seconds.
- PC 99 and PCI 2.2 Specification Compliant and Certified
MSI is proud of its almost 15 years experience in designing and manufacturing high performance motherboards and fully integrated add-on peripherals. With its ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 qualified facilities, MSI products provide the ultimate in performance,reliability and value-increasing productivity. It markets its products through ten offices located in Taiwan, United States, Germany, Japan, France, China, Australia and The Netherlands. MSI markets its products to computer system manufacturers, system integrators, and distributors.
For more information visit the company on the World Wide Web at
http://www.msi.com.tw Mystar Computer BV in the Netherlands, the European head office of MSI, was established in September 1998. Having its own production facility in Son near Eindhoven, it handles all marketing, sales, logistics and after-sales-service for its customers throughout Europe.